Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chapter 7: Shadows and Tall Trees

Chapter 7:

Shadows and Tall Trees

Perspective: Jack


When I first arrived on this island, Ralph was one of the first ones I met. I liked him, and he seemed tolerable. But as a few weeks past, he's become annoying. Or at least to me. He so stupid, favoring Piggy as if that fatty was a god. And he's far from that, I tell you! I've noticed that Ralph has become a bit more savage. After the pig-run, we played a little game on Robert and pretended he was a pig. We hurt him a little. What's surprising is, I thought Ralph would've intervened and ended the game because we were hurting Robert, but instead, he joined in and jabbed him with a spear! That's something I really did not expect. The mood was taunting, and there were sniggers and jeers here and there. I suggested that we use a littlun to play the game again. Or actually kill 'em for the fun of it. (This foreshadows that the boys will start becoming demoniac, and start killing. )


One night, Sam'n'Eric were tending the fire. They came runnin' back to the shelters and started this talk of the beastie. They said they saw it near the mountain. So the next day, we all go hunting, my favorite. It was late evening, and Ralph decided to go up on the mountain to find the beastie. I followed him, along with Roger. At first, Ralph didn't want to go. Tch, what a 'fraidy cat! So I went up, and as I reached the top and started lookin' 'round, I see something in the dark. Actually gave me a bit of a fright. It looked asleep, so I went quietly. It was large! Then I went back down, and told Ralph and Roger. We went up and looked again. They both saw it too! But we couldn't be sure of what it was, for it was dark, and we were far away. I think we were a ll scared though. I know Ralph was. You know, sometimes he's such a stupid git. I hate him. He always favors Piggy, and Piggy doesn't even do anything! He blames me for putting the fire out that one day, and it wasn't all my fault at all! And everyone likes him as leader, but he really isn't that great! I don't want to talk it over with him. No, not ever. I've got nothing to discuss with that loser. Things'll probably just go bad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment