Monday, September 14, 2009

Lord of the flies Chapter one: The Sound of the Shell “Deceit.” Perspective: Piggy!

Lord of the flies

Chapter one:

The Sound of the Shell

“Deceit.”

Perspective: Piggy!

1.Describe the setting of the island.


As I see it, the island is very mysterious, yet amazingly beautiful. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. Its all new to me. There’re palm trees—almost a hundred feet tall! There’s also an amazing pool, its beautiful, and the water is crystal clear. I took a quick dip with Ralph the first day here. The forest is also quite nice. So lush, and the efflorescence of the flowers is fascinating. Oh! And the beach is great. ‘tis where Ralph and I found the conch. It was just sitting there with amazing effulgence.

2. What major event has brought you to this island?

World War II, unfortunately. Had to leave my auntie. You see, ‘cause of the war, most of us boys in London had to leave to boarding schools. Our families was ‘fraid we might get caught up, so better to send us off. ‘N as we were flying, we was attacked. By the Germans! I saw it happen! Something came flying at us, and it hit the plane. So the pilot dropped us on the island, hopin’ we’d survive.



3. Introduce yourself and explain your relationship to the other characters (of interest) who have been introduced so far.

Good day, my name is Piggy. I’m from London, and I’m on this island ‘cause of the war. Ralph was the first person I met on this island. I came to trust him, but I felt so betrayed when he told everyone my name’s Piggy. I told him I didn’t care what they called me. Just didn’t want to be called Piggy, is all. But he went, he went and told! There were sniggers all around when he told, and a light suffusion stained my cheeks. I could feel it. All in all, I did like him, but I hold a little grudge against him. He acted so specious towards me, and it hurt. A lot, actually, since I put forth so much trust in him.

4. Why are there no adults on this island?

There’re no adults because all the people on the planes were boys who were going off to boarding school, and the only adult, which was the pilot, dropped us off while being attacked.

5. What powers does a person holding the conch have? How do you feel about the conch?

I’d say that the person holding the conch had control and respect. When everyone came, they all sat at Ralph’s knees obediently and looked so respectful towards him. I think the conch is magnificent. Such a little thing can do so much.

6. What is the choir’s job? How do you feel about the boys in the choir?

The choir’s are now the hunters on the island, but before, they sang. I feel a bit of uneasiness, just ‘cause they’re all dressed in long cloaks, and they’re so quiet and mysterious. And also the way they act. They’re very loyal and obedient towards jack, but they look like they can be mean and stuck up.

7.Who do you want to be the leader on the island? Why?

I actually wanted to do things as a group, with all the older kids. That way we can all know what we all want, and decide what’s best. Plus, we’d have a lot of thought put into our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment