Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chapter 2: Fire on the Mountain!

Chapter 2:

Fire on the Mountain!

Ralph POV .

Today had been a long day. Only yesterday had I found out I was on actual island. I think this is a good island, and fate brought us all here to have fun, and take our minds off the war. As I became the leader of the boys, one little boy, with a red mark on his face asked me a question. It surprised me quite a lot actually. The little boy asked me what I was going to do about a snake thing, a beastie. I told him that there was no such thing, just his imagination is all. But I still can’t help but feel a bit worried. All them little’uns seem scared and unsure about it. Even though I want my share of fun on the island, I really do want to get off as quickly as possible. Only god knows how long we’ll stay stranded on this island. My plan was to send smoke signals, but that really didn’t turn out so well. All those errant little’uns went running’ around like savage. But I can’t blame them; they were very officious to help. Anyways, to start the fire, Jack and I didn’t know at first. But then jack had the idea to start one with Piggy’s specks, so I went up and pinch them. This was a bad idea though, ‘cause the fire spread quickly and destroyed the forest, once so full of ebullience. I feel so guilty. I think I should have listened to Piggy, but I didn’t have much time to think things through. I was so stupid and foolish. And now—now that little boy with the mark on his face…I don’t know where he is. I’m so scared of what could have happened to him. I keep thinking he got caught in that fire, and maybe he did. I feel so martyred. But I need to stop thinking negative. I’m leader for a reason. I’m different. I have the power to make things right. That’s why they chose me. Me, whose face shows no evil, me who has the power to help all of us boys survive this island. As I got to bed each night, I feel indifferent. I do care about survival, but whatever happens on this island happens. No one can change that.

1 comment:

  1. I like how your post are all good with everything. they have all the requirements. You make since while your adding you vocab NICE JOB VANESSA..! :D

    ReplyDelete